We need a thorough knowledge of GOD's Word. Your salvation and mine depends on it.
- John 8:32
- 1 Timothy 4:16
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Hosea 4:6
GOD says we need to indoctrinate our children with the truth.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- Ephesians 6:4
Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.
1 Timothy 4:16
A major goal of FBH is to develop leadership in men and boys. We often appoint leaders, but sometimes little effort is made to develop leaders through Biblical principles. In FBH we teach the saving Word of GOD in the following ways.
Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
2 Peter 1:10
- Ask the leaders to stand front and center. This is a metaphor for the importance of GOD's Word being front and center in our lives.
- Expect leaders to dress appropriately. This is done remembering all GOD has said about respect when we handle His work and teach His Word.
- Have a faithful Christian leader stand with young boys. The boys must learn to lead but are not yet Christians and must not lead the church as though they are. Competency and ability are "rites of passage" that must not be ingnored in leadership growth.
- Ask the leader to speak up and follow a certain cadence and clearness of speech. This keeps things orderly and provides the most benefit for the greatest number of participants.
Develop Christian Volunteerism
Every person can participate in the FBH program.
- Every person is encouraged to raise their hand when doing doing reviews of various information
- Memory work is done in unison
- Men can develop leadership skills
- Parents can help young children participate
- Everyone has a book and can participate without having memorized the information
- Incites enthusiasm
- Triggers memory ability
- Creates togetherness
- Raises expectations
- Can lead to participation in other work for the LORD
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I ! Send me.”
FBH promotes unity in the congregation.
from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies...causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
- Everyone sits closer together (In our auditorium this means we all sit on one side.)
- Everyone supports each other by participating
- It's something everyone does together to be obedient to GOD by growing in knowledge
- It creates an attitude of belonging in children because they are learning and participating with their parents
The end results of the Family Bible Hour will amaze you if these four purposes are kept and exploited each week.